Social Icons

Pages

25 December 2009


Merry Christmas all!  I can't believe it's here.  It sure did sneak up this year.  I'm not quite sure what to do with myself; I'm sitting here staring out at my snow laden yard, frozen truck, and sleepy neighborhood.  Nothing is very inspiring to me.  I searched for a picture of holly because as a kid I always drew holly around my name on my homework during the holiday times.  Other kids always doodled snowmen or reindeer; I drew holly and its berries.  It sure is a beautiful bush; hence the picture: I needed some inspiration to be awake today.  I am a little down about Christmas, and have been reading plenty of blogs about how to keep your spirits up during the holidays. 

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/all-out-of-holiday-cheer-10-tips-for-beating-holiday-depression.html

That one had some good ideas.  I just miss my family and friends; I wish I could be home or they could be here to share the day.  I'll make my round of phone calls today and hopefully that will improve my mood, but I'm pretty down today.  Either way, it could always be worse, that's my mantra.


"and the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?



It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled


and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from the store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."


~Dr. Suess~

Charlie

P.S. Photo from:   catherinesherman.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/snow/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.