Social Icons

Pages

12 March 2010

Oh, my! What a lovely montage you've got there!

How do you write a montage?  I was laying in bed, trying to sleep, when the next part in my WIP popped in my head, as a montage.  I had to get up and hop on the computer to search for something, somewhere about writing montages.  I mostly found screenplay writing software.  

However, I did find one interesting article, not so much an instruction manual, but it is interesting and has a great snippet of Potemkin by Sergei Eisenstein.  I like the snippet, in all its early 1900's glory.  Either way, the article helped me realize that montages are just simple tellings of a bunch of "shots" of things that happen.  I guess I knew it all along.  It just seemed a bit overwhelming, squishing something like 15 months of time into a few short paragraphs. 

How do you all go about montages?  Or do you even go about them?  I suppose it's just about getting the pictures into words, like a collage that is connected somehow.  But I guess that's all writing is anyway.  I just have to get this montage down into words.  Guess we'll see what happens!







1 comments:

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.