Social Icons

Pages

30 January 2012

Monday in My Coffee Cup


Monday morning for me is meditation time.


I know a lot of people choose Sunday, to reflect on the week past, but I am choosing to meditate on what is to come, and how to prepare for my week.


I am not necessarily a religious person, but I like to think that every religion has something to offer.  Today I am feeling a passage from the Tao Te Ching.


Verse 11:
Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub;
It is the center hole that makes it useful.
Shape clay into a vessel;
It is the space within that makes it useful.

Cut doors and windows for a room; It is the holes that make it useful.
Therefore profit comes from what is there;
Usefulness from what is not there.




The part that sticks out for me is the part about the vessel.  The space within makes it useful - moreover, being empty gives chance to become full.


I have been letting a lot of things out of my inner prison as of late.  This is to allow myself to become full with the new life changes I am going through; the new adventure I am starting.


I am dealing with moving my entire life to a new state, starting a new (and serious) relationship, starting a new job, and all the little things that come along with these changes.  All these things are happening within a month, and I'm a little freaked out.  But if I read this passage from the Tao Te Ching, it reminds me to purge all my bad energy to be able to receive all the positive good energy that is on its way.


Sorry for such a deep passage on a Monday morning, but this is how I felt with my coffee this morning; a new sun on the horizon.


Thanks for reading my lovelies!




4 comments:

  1. I love those sayings! It does make one think and it is true. We can be so fearful of change even when it is a good thing. You have a new job...many don't. You have a deepening love....when many are lonely. Travel is in the air...when many people can not leave their own backyard. Relish in this newness of life. I don't know if I just made up a word but...Oh well:) Great way to start a Monday morning by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a good one...a chance to be filled. We can learn so much in life when we look at challenges that way. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlie, it's nice to meet you. I'm a new follower via Alex Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group. I'm a new follower via Alex Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group. Though this post wasn't written for the blogfest, it certainly could have been.

    It sounds like you do have a lot on your plate, but it also sounds like your attitude is healthy and will get you through any difficulties. I love that part about the vessel and the empty space being exactly what makes it so useful. How poetic and very true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very inspiring. Any beginning can be a good thing. It all starts in our mind. Glad that you're really letting life happen. I wish you the best. Consider me a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.