Social Icons

Pages

01 July 2010

Eat, Pray, Love Book Club: Day One

Today is the first day of the Eat, Pray, Love book club!  I'm so excited as this is my first time being in a book club, my first time reading a non fiction type book, and my first time telling people how I feel about it.  I'm also excited because I've heard so very many good things about this book, and now with it becoming a movie, the previews have ramped up my 'preconcieved notions' about the story.  I've heard it's uplifting, funny, and sad.  I've seen in the previews for the movie that this story can change lives, just as Elizabeth Gilbert changed her life.  I'm ecstatic to see what happens; what she goes through in her world travels, how she changes, and of course how it ends! 

Thanks to The Book Vixen for hosting this wonderful book club!



7 comments:

  1. can't wait to hear what you think of it! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to be reading this together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy it. I found your blog this morning and have joined up.Will enjoy following your exploits..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I read this book a while back and think you will really enjoy it! You will have amazing discussion out of it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you joined in! I'm excited to find out what the book's all about, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time being in a book club as well. I think it will be a fun experience, sharing our thoughts and talking it out.

    Thanks for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you are reading your first non-fiction book! I read my first non-fiction book a few years ago (Animal Vegetable Miracle).
    This is also my first book-club experience.
    I'm so glad you are reading it with us!

    ReplyDelete

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.