Social Icons

Pages

01 July 2010

Welcome to July with a little Tao on the side!

Welcome to July!!  The second half of the year has begun!  I am dumbfounded at the thought that six months have gone already!  Time to take inventory:

Questions for the past six months:

What were my highlights?
Starting painting and writing on the regular, talking to new friends

What things am I glad I did?
Tried hard to get into the Art Institute, even though I didn't make it, went to the Renaissance Fair even though at first I thought it was weird

What worked for you?
Believing in myself and trusting my friends to support me

What small moments brought you delight?  
Taking naps with my boyfriend and puppy, eating dinner at the table instead of the couch, funny texts from my siblings

Who did you connect with?
New people!  New friends!  Online and in real life! :)~

Questions for the rest of the year:

How can I be a litle kinder to myself?
By looking at myself in a positive light, instead of living in a shadow.
Can I give myself permission to have more fun and less pressure?
This is a toughy, but I'm going to try.
In what small way can I pay attention to small delights?
By just keeping my eyes and my heart open to joy.


Now for a little Thursday Tao:  (#36 from Tao Te Ching as translated by John C. H. Wu)


What is in the end to be shrunken,
Begins by being first stretched out.
What is in the end to be weakened,
Begins by being first made strong.
What is in the end to be thrown down,
Begins by being first set on high.
What is in the end to be despoiled,
Begins by being first richly endowed.

Herein is the subtle wisdom of life;
The soft and weak overcomes the hard and strong.

Just as the fish must not leave the deeps,
So the ruler must not display his weapons.
        

This week I'll let you come up with your own ideas about what this 'proverb' means to you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Also, it is National Ice Cream Month!

          Who doesn't love them some ice cream?  I'm sure there are a few, allergies and such, but come on and celebrate!!  This gives me an idea.....more to come.

Anyhoos, thanks for reading, hope my questions help you with dealing with your half of the year that is gone, and preparing for the next half to be wonderful!!

Toast of the Day:
Here' s to laughing so hard you cry!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.