Social Icons

Pages

31 May 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (31 May, 2010)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly meme held by Sheila at Book Journey!  I haven't participated in way too long, but over the last few weeks I have read a few books.  I finally started Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series with Dead Until Dark.  I can't wait to read them all!  I feel so behind the times. 

I read Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott.  If you haven't read this, you must.  It's a quick read, but I must warn, it's hard to read about what happens to this girl.  But despite how sad it is, it's incredibly moving.  At least it was to me.

And lastly I started a fantastic fantasy/sci-fi series by Anne McCaffrey called the Dragonriders of Pern.  The first book is Dragonflight and I just finished it this morning.  Which leads me to what I'll be reading this week - the second book in the series, Dragonquest.  Dragonflight was such a well written text; I was fully immersed in the world of Pern.  Anne McCaffrey is an amazing author!  I can't wait to see what else happens to the Dragonriders of Pern!

Also, if I get through this book this week, which I probably will, I may read the third in Anne's series, The White Dragon.  If I feel like taking a break from Pern, I may read the second Sookie Stackhouse novel.  We'll see how it plays out.  Good reading to you all!!

5 comments:

  1. Great books!

    My What are you reading? is here.

    Happy Monday. :)

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books sound fascinating...hope you enjoy them.

    My Monday:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent started the Sookie books so you are ahead of me. Welcome back to the Monday post - glad to see what you are reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I might have to add your books to my reading list :) Cute blog!! I'm also a bookworm; working on my first novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Pern series! I must admit, I haven't read the Sookie books yet though. I'm still working on Under My Skin by Judith Graves. I LOVE it! I just don't get much time to read since I'm eyeball deep into the book I'm writing.

    ReplyDelete

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.