Social Icons

Pages

09 May 2010

Paintings, Mom, and Toasts!

Hello All!  I haven't blogged in over a month.  I guess I sort of fell of the earth for awhile.  I needed some time to gather myself,  I was getting a little overwhelmed with life - as it so happens sometimes.  Trying to get my house ready for a lease-renewal inspection, applying for school, and dealing with family issues all at once.  So I took to a lot of reading, painting, and relaxing.  Here are a few of my new paintings:


Hope you enoy them!  I know I do, and my mom at least. Haha!



Anyway, it's Mother's Day, so Happy Day to all of you moms out there!  My mom is having a hell of a time right now, travelling from Washington to Denver in a motorhome.  She's all by herself with just her two little dogs, and her motorhome keeps breaking down.  First she ran out of gas from a broken gauge, then a flat tire stopped her, next the ignition went out, and now she's parked from her breaks and steering giving up.  But she's not giving up - even though she didn't make it to me in Denver by Mother's Day.  She's a strong woman, so I hope she can hold it together along with hoping her motorhome holds together.  Just twelve more hours and she'd be here.  I just hope she gets here!

So here's to everyone else hopefully having a good Sunday and Mother's Day! 




Toast of the Day:
Here's to a moment of relief.

Noteable Notes:
Today is Billy Joel's birthday!  Also, it is Lost Sock Memorial Day!  Look out for those lost socks! :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope your mom made it without too much more trouble. I LOVE the third painting. Wow, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's almost here, just a few more hours away. And thanks - that's my favorite too. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.