Social Icons

Pages

31 August 2012

The Big Question....



To Write, or not To Write?

I'm not so sure anymore.  

I still enjoy writing, but I have fallen so far away from it that I'm not sure how to find my way back.

I have been reminiscing about my past lately, and going through all of my old short stories and discarded ideas.  A lot of them have potential, if I could only focus and finish.  I know that I am not alone in this problem, but it is a problem nonetheless.  

Unfortunately, inspiration only comes when I am at my most emotional (and usually negative emotions are what drive my writing); but most writers give the advice to try to write through your slumps - to fight for every word.

I have written a lot about motivation, so I won't beat this into the ground.

I just want to find my writing groove again.  I want to someday be able to inspire readers the way my favorite authors inspire me.  I want to share my thoughts with the world!

So,

 To Write, or not To Write?

What do you think?




1 comments:

  1. Yes, write!! Don't rush it or feel bad about being behind. It happens to all of us for different periods of time. Start with a sentence here or there. Take out 20 minutes to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.