Social Icons

Pages

08 August 2010

Review of Fallen by Lauren Kate (i.e. My First Time!!)

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Info:

Published: Dec 8, 2009
Pages: 452 (in hardcover)
Description (from goodreads):

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she ...more There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.



-----------------------------------------------------------------
From the get-go, I was excited about this book.  The cover art is amazing, the title is interesting, and the description was intriguing!  So, I bought this book with high hopes. 

I enjoyed this book. However, I think it was missing a little something. There were a few plot holes, a few questions left unanswered, and a few too many coincedences. I just didn't connect fully with the characters. When there was a tragedy (no spoilers here) with one of the students (a main player in the story) at the school, I wasn't really upset at all. And there were a few characters that seemed to show up only when convenient for the story lline. Otherwise they were extras.

The storyline had promise from the beginning, but it just fell short, in my opinion. I would have like to have seen a little more character depth, more explanations (or maybe just better), and maybe a little less clichès.
It was still a good simple read, and I will most likely read Torment, the second book, just to see where she takes the story.

Three Star Rating Pictures, Images and Photos

Overall, three stars for entertainment, and I would recommend it, BUT, with a warning that you must take it as it is, and hit the "I Believe" button and just enjoy it at face value. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed my review, it's short, and not the most positive of reviews, but it is my first public review.  Let me know how I did!  :)




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review and your honest opinion! I'm very excited to read this novel and now having a good review I'll go in with an open mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of coincidences. They make me feel cheated. But this book does sound really good so I think I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

 

Hit Counter

hit counter

Sample Text

1.